Clear all

Pro 9000 - great fun

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@rustymtl)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi Tom; I started using the Pro 9000 several months ago. It’s excellent - with the right software. I’m running a very RAM deficient laptop (256 meg) and most software packages would work at greatly reduced frame rates. After some time though I did find a package that seems to work extremely well. I can’t wait to get a new computer to see what the camera can truly do.

On the weather and water question. It’s very water RESISTANT. Perhaps not waterproof - but pretty close. It got caught in some unexpected cloudbursts without any problem. As for working in low temperatures- again no problem at least down to about -15C. I will have to wait until next January to test it in colder conditions.

Mounting the camera; It’s a problem with the existing format. I realized that unlike the old tube type cameras, (analog mostly) - the solid state webcams are unaffected by strong magnetic fields. I had a small (about 2 cm by 1 cm) ceramic magnet. These are very strong magnets. I attached it to the cameras mount with silicone cement (easy to remove if needed). Now I can mount the camera to any place that a magnet will stick. Better yet I can even mount it on top of an aluminum ladder by adding a second magnet on the opposite side of the rail. This setup has held the camera securely through a couple of powerful storms.

In some situations where these is an extreme range in a scenes brightness I find the automatic function for brightness and gain fail to produce a good image. Manual adjustment can help there but I have not been able to find any clear instruction on how to better adjust these settings. Indeed all the very limited documentation on this camera seems oversimplified.

ATB! Rusty (aka Rob)

Posted : 01/11/2011 3:37 am
(@anitabier)
Estimable Member

Thank you Rusty for the info, I am going to try the magnets with my pro 9000 :good: . I also bought a squirrel guard to use with my camera for protection of snow and rain. I hope this works and my camera with be exposed the weather. I will let you know how this works, :rose:

AnitaBier

Posted : 02/11/2011 2:53 am
Share: